(Daily Finance) — Merchants are dabbling in all kinds of in-store technology, from apps that send coupons to your cell phone when you walk in the door to digital cameras by fitting rooms that let you send a snapshot of that little number you just tried on to all your Facebook friends. The expansion of smartphones will affect the way people shop, points out John Donahoe, CEO of eBay (EBAY). Applications such as RedLaser that let smartphones scan a product bar code on the store shelf and comparison-shop for that product online are “blurring the lines between in-store and online,” he says.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN