(The Grio) — Kim Kardashian being naked shouldn’t still be news, especially since the reality star literally just disrobed for the May issue of Harper’s Bazaar. Yet, her latest W cover is a conversation piece, most notably the inside photo where Kardashian, dipped in platinum, touts her assets. As Kardashian’s platinum-dipped visage suggests, we’ve definitely witnessed a mainstream beauty shift in this country in the last decade or so. When Jennifer Lopez’s butt was the rave just a little over a decade ago, magazines weren’t necessarily all out embracing it. Lopez did plenty of magazine covers for certain but it’s hard to imagine any mainstream magazine insisting on running an all-out butt shot of Lopez back then. So the standard of beauty in the United States does indeed appear to be changing.
More on Madame Noire!
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
- Baseball Cuties You've Been Sleeping On
- Embrace Your Natural You -- Hair, Body, And Soul: 15 Ways To Fall In Love With Ourselves
- No One Is Immune: Famous Men And Women Who've Had Mastectomies
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN