(Tri State Defender) “Debt is a bigger problem than racism,” pastor DeForest Soaries says emphatically at the top of “Almighty Debt”. CNN anchor and special correspondent Soledad O’Brien reports for a 90-minute documentary investigation into the creative and proactive ways an African-American faith community is addressing the challenges of the national economic crisis, followed by a 30-minute dynamic forum. For the documentary, O’Brien follows a student facing a mountain of debt to finance his education, a married couple facing the stresses of an over-leveraged mortgage and credit card debt, another couple struggling following the loss of a job and the income and self-esteem that come with unemployment.
More on Madame Noire!
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
- Yummy In My Tummy: Tasty Foods That Keep You Energized
- After The Love Is Gone: The Most Common Reasons People Fall Out Of Love
- Do Not Take My Picture!!!! Celebs Who’ve Fought Back (Hard) Against Paparazzi
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN