(NY Post) — Red Sox slugger David Ortiz’s own brand of hot sauce may put a chill on his plan to crush a $5 million trademark suit filed against him by Jay-Z. Lawyers for the hip-hop mogul yesterday won permission to grill “Big Papi” under oath about his business ties to New York as part of the Manhattan federal court case. Ortiz is being sued here for allegedly ripping off the name of Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club for Ortiz’s family-owned nightclub in the Dominican Republic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN