(Smart Money) – American stocks and bond yields fell sharply as concerns mounted that the economy might be in for a slowdown. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.6% back below 10000 on slumping U.S. consumer confidence, the downward revision of a Chinese economic indicator and worries about the health of Europe’s banks. Yields on 10-year Treasury notes fell below 3% to their lowest level since April 2009, a sign investors were seeking out safe investments.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN