(Global Financial Newswires) — This week, Mary J. Blige and collaborator Catherine Malandrino debuted their new fashion line at a swanky VIP-only runway show in NewYork City. Tickets for the event ran a hefty $1000 a piece, with all proceeds going towards Blige’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN). During the show, which took place at the Museum of Modern Art, Blige and Malandrino previewed 25 new looks, ranging from cosmopolitan evening wear to t-shirts. The line reportedly takes its inspiration from the distinct styles of music icons, including Tina Turner, Al Green, Chaka Kahn, Donna Summer and Grace Jones.
More on Madame Noire!
- Gizmos, Gadgets, And Games That Kept Us Entertained Back In The Day
- Breathe, Stretch, Prioritize: How To Be More Productive At Work
- Plastic Surgery And Skin Bleaching: Celebrities Who Took It Too Far
- Communication Is A Two-Way Street: How To Become A Better Listener
- Thank God That's Over: 9 Moments No Woman Wants To Relive
- 15 Women Who Married Celebrity Men Who Started From The Bottom
- Surprise Pregnancies And The Insane Che Mack: 9 Ratch Things We Learned While Watching Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Last Night
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN