(Entrepreneurs) — As we look toward a future beyond the recession, marketers are fixing their sights on the customers who will be at the core of the economic recovery. In the past it was the Baby Boomers, with their optimistic attitudes, sheer numbers and buying power, who helped pull America out of recessions. But not this time. Those born between 1946 and 1964 have been hit hard and they’ve seen their savings and retirement accounts decimated. So close to retirement age, their focus on practicality will likely continue well into the economic recoveryyears. And Baby Boomer interests will turn more toward home, finance, healthcare, personal care and lifestyle issues, according to a new report from PricewaterhouseCoopers and Retail Forward.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN