(News One) –The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is using its financial clout to push the Haitian marketplace toward change by offering $10 million in prizes to the first companies to help Haitians send and receive money with their cell phones. The project is different from the foundation’s more common approach, which would be to ask for proposals, make grants and then hope for good results. This time the foundation — and its partner, the U.S. Agency for International Development — wants to see the results first and then hand out some cash.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN