(Smart Money) — When the Deepwater Horizon rig sank into the Gulf of Mexico on April 22, something remarkable happened: Millions of Americans became retrospective experts on deepwater oil exploration. Of course, an accident like this was just around the corner. Of course it couldn’t be fixed with a containment dome (those darn frozen hydrocarbons). Of course a “top kill” and a “junk shot” were doomed to fail! Golf balls? Golf balls!? And when the spill is eventually sealed off with an underground nuclear explosion, and when that (inevitably) wakes Godzilla, who proceeds to demolish what’s left of New Orleans before heading up the Mississippi River to spawn, no doubt there will be one man, one working-class hero standing atop a stack of nuclear-lizard eggs, turning to the newly minted radiological expert next to him, holding forth on how he just knew something like this was bound to happen.
More on Madame Noire!
- Whatchu Know About That?! 10 Songs I Shouldn't Have Been Singing As A Kid
- Here Comes The Mess: The Tackiest, Over-The-Top Wedding Shows On TV
- Breakout Actors From Ensemble Casts Who've Managed To Stay Relevant On Their Own
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
Lyfe Jennings Lands ‘Ratchet-Free’ Reality Show With His Kids That He Swears Will Be Nothing Like ‘All My Baby Mamas’
But he does have some baby mama drama.Read More
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN