Recreate Mary J. Blige’s Flawless Face From The SAG Awards With This Drugstore Beauty Brand
Mary J. Blige is trending today as a result of her Oscar nomination for her supporting role in Mudbound, but if we’re being honest we’re still not over her flawless look on the SAG Award red carpet this past Sunday. The singer, who was also up for an award from the Screen Actors Guild, looked stunning in a sleek black and white dress which was perfectly completemented by a smokey eye and pink pout. And while you might not be able to afford Mary’s sleek Jean-Louis Sabaj gown, we guarantee you can snatch the products used to create her beauty look. That’s because they’re from a brand found right in your local drugstore: Black/Opal
“I wanted to create a show-stopping look using Black/Opal for her first-timeappearance at the SAG Awards,” said her makeup artist D’Andre Michael. “Once I saw her gown, I knew I wanted to transform her into an elegant smoked goddess.”
That, he most certainly did. And you can do the same with these tips from D’Andre below.
- On freshly cleansed and moisturized skin, D’Andre applied Black/Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Gel Primer to prepare the skin for Mary’s make up application.
- Next using a foundation brush D’Andre applied Black/Opal Even True Flawless Liquid Foundation in Nutmeg and Beautiful Bronze. He next built upon the liquid foundation withBlack/Opal Total Coverage Concealing Foundation in Truly Topaz, making sure to use a moist blending sponge to create a smooth, even finish.
- D’Andre then contoured Mary’s face with Black/Opal Skin Perfecting Stick Foundation SPF15 in Suede Mocha. A perennial makeup artist favorite, the Stick Foundation effectively conceals imperfections and provides seamless full coverage.
- Lastly he set Mary’s face with the Black/Opal Soft Velvet Finishing Powder in Deep which helps to absorb excess oil.
- To sculpt and define Mary’s eyes, D’Andre used the Black/Opal Aurora Eyeshadow Palette. First using the Brazen Copper shade on her entire eyelid. Next he added Brazen Bronze on her crease adding the Bordeaux Beige shade along the brow bone as a highlight.
- D’Andre then finished the eye look with Black/Opal Color Splurge Automatic Eye Lining Pencil in Licorice adding it along the lash line and inner lid and smudging to create a the smoky look. This eye pencil is perfect because it is formulated with Aloe Vera and Chamomile extracts that help to soothe the delicate eye area as you define it.
- For the finishing touches to Mary’s look, D’Andre used Black/Opal Lip Color Splurge Stick Lip in Purr, a soft pale pink color, enriched with emollient butters and vitamins C&E. This lipstick provides a bight pigment rich color that provides a smooth, creamy. non-drying finish.