(Black Voice News) — As President of the Institute of the Black World 21st Century (IBW) and Founder of the Haiti Support Project (HSP), I have just returned from leading a team to Haiti to allocate the first contributions from the IBW/HSP Haiti Relief Fund. A total of $56,000 was distributed to nine community-based/grassroots organizations including women’s, youth and peasant groups for relief and capacity-building. Deeply concerned about the plight of Haitian children orphaned by the disastrous earthquake, our team also visited orphanages and assessed the progress of the Oasis Institute, an ambitious initiative designed to relocate orphans and extended family members from tent communities to an interim camp with safe/secure environment, post-traumatic stress counseling and a world class education.
More on Madame Noire!
- Top Ten List of Sexay Black Nerds, Who Can Get It
- Big Things Come In Small Packages:15 Celebrity Women 5'2" And Shorter
- 11 Tips To Have A Fun Girls Getaway And Still Come Back Friends
- Doing The Most And They Know It: Celebs Who Regret Showing Too Much Skin
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN